Miniatures For Sale

Saturday, January 26, 2013

WIP: DV Librarian #2, Budding Blood Angels & Terrain Tables

I was still pretty excited about how well the Dark Vengeance Chaplain turned out so I was really tear-assing through painting this guy :)


A close up of the face. Such a good sculpt - great scowl under that cowl!
Again, I am keeping the other details to a small set of colors and limiting how much gold they sport as I think it fits the feel of the Angels of Redemption chapter.
OSL on the hand matches what was done on the sword. It will look great with all that blue.
The blue is consistent across the parts; which were painted separately, by writing down the step by step process and following it on each piece. He's actually done and I'm onto the Company Master already so I'll have some display pics for you next week. Told you I was excited ;)

So what was in that Blood Angels lunch box on my terrain shelves?  The Agent of Chaos' budding Blood Angels Force...
I have display pics of the minis in the archives if anyone wants to see them closer and better color corrected than my point and shoot can capture. The Agent of Chaos has loved the red "space 'arines" since about 1 month old  o.0  I got the lunch box from Old Navy and did the old mask and spray routine, then cut up a spare GW foam insert I had lying around.  It was fun to paint them as I got to try a bunch of things I wouldn't normally because The Agent of Chaos isn't picky. Ironic then that they turned out to be some of my best minis! In fact, the Razorback is the best tank I have ever done.

Now, a few people asked me to show you what I use for mounting the terrain table when its in use for gaming...
If I'm lazy the Saw Horses. If I want a more stable and permanent set up for photos and whatnot? Those brown lunch tables that every high school across North America employs for anything table related. You can buy them at Staples or Office Depot. Periodically they go on sale and you can get them for a steal.  The terrain table is 4'x6' and sits nicely on top of the brown tables; which are about 3'x5'.

Here they are in action with the various terrain set ups...
Desert ruins...
 Necron tomb world...
 Fortress of Redemption...
 Planet Strike...
 Evil swamp...
 Hills and forests...
 Over grown battle field...
 Hive world...
 Shrine world...
 I have display pics of all the terrain in the archives too if you want a closer look at anything.

Whew, That was a lot of terrain and pics.  Two more things before I go:
1) The rathcore mini holders are back! I ordered a few from PK-Pro. I've had my eye out for them for 6 months now. Are they worth it? I couldn't resist, so I'll let you know...
2) I joined C'MON! Oooooh, I'm an "artist" now! Bah. I belong on DakkaDakka with my crud, but I like the C'MON interface better. Plus, the fringe benefit of playing with the kids that are better than you is that you tend to improve your skills too ;)  Just type in Zab to find my stuff. Of course, I have only posted one or two things you've seen here before, but whatever - go throw some votes & critiques my way if you are bored.

Next post: Display pics of the Dark Vengeance Librarian. Thanks for stopping by and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.