Miniatures For Sale

Friday, April 19, 2013

WIP: Dark Vengeance Chaos Lord - Armour & Final Details

 Last WIP for this mini! At this point I filled in the armour, highlighted and shaded it. It was kept very dark to contrast all that bone and bronze. It would also help the lightening forks show up in later stages...


 Speaking of those lightening forks...
 Successive layers of light blue up to a very light grey where painted on in jagged lines. Try not to completely cover each previous layer and if it becomes too bright in areas simply tone it down with a blue glaze.
 Just a few final details like the eyes and the plasma coil on the gun.
 I went for my favorite yellow & red combo for the eyes and plasma. Highlight up to white from a deep yellow and then a few very thin washes of red to define everything.  If the red makes it muddy just re-highlight with yellow up to white. Go back and forth with the red and yellow until you get something you like.
I also filled in the black areas like the rubber joints and casing on the plasma pistol. All that was left was to paint the base, assemble him and add a few final touches after he was clear coated.
Next post: Display pics of the Night Lord um, Lord & possibly a giveaway announcement as the blog is very close to 15, 000 pageviews! We have to celebrate right? Thanks for reading, scroll through the blogroll for new blogs and please leave a comment below if you have any questions, critiques or compliments and of course remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

4 comments:

  1. I am absolutely blown away with how cool that looks! Fantastic work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I added a few more touches between this and the display pics that make it shine.

      Delete
  2. Whew, that is beautiful. Any time I start to feel good about a painting project, I just check my blog roll and realize I am but a child playing in the shallow end of the pool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, that is very kind. I spend quite a bit of time on my HQs to create focal points on the table. The troops may be a simplified version of this just to speed things up. Otherwise, I'll still be painting my DV set when 7th ed comes out o_O

    ReplyDelete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.