Miniatures For Sale

Friday, June 14, 2013

RIP: Milo

Today, after 13 great years, The Agent Of Chaos' trusted minion, The Lady Inquisitor's favored Lieutenant and my loyal friend, passed away.  He was with those who loved him and we will miss him with all our hearts. A more gentle and "best buddy", there never was.
R.I.P. Milo.

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? Asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

*Author Unknown*

19 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of the loss of your pet. I had to put one of my basset hounds to sleep a year ago and it was utter hell to say goodbye to a family member. No matter what they are always with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was lucky enough that Milo was home with us when he passed and I'm not afraid to admit still cried like crazy.

      Delete
  2. Aw I cried just reading it ^^ Looks like you had some good times with your Feline :) Keep smiling guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the best cat to introduce a kid to. No matter how spastic or excited she got he never once bit her or scratched her. They had a real connection and she is still young enough that she is sad, but doesn't quite get it. Thank god for small mercies.

      Delete
    2. Aye, our monster Milly is hopeless with children, he just hides under the bed and takes random swipes, I've not really known any cats until lately, they're quite fascinating creatures :)

      Delete
  3. I had to put one of my cats to sleep, she was sick. It's been about a year and I still catch myself reaching to pet her and she's not there. I know how your feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had to put one down yet. My dad has had a few of those. It's a soul destroying experience. Last night I went to the door a few times to see if my buddy wanted in before I remembered.

      Delete
  4. Some people that haven't had pets themselves never really understand how much they become part of the family. I talk to my dogs and cat like they're people, and they are as big a part of my family as anyone else.

    While writing this I've been deep in thought about my pets that has passed, and even though some of them have been gone for half my life I still miss them. And I believe you should but always remember the silly things they did (like my cat running into a closed window! :-) ) and they'll always be with you mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I have tons of great and stupid stories about him. I've planted a lot of cats and I remember them all; still not one cat tree though - very disillusioning ;)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that, 40k cat sends her love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. 40k cat reminds me of Milo's previously deceased big brother Vegas. He was a tuxedo cat too. I both envy you and pity you. Those fancy cats are damn smart!

      Delete
  6. I don't cry often, but even I'm getting a little teary eyed reading this. Sounds like he had a good life though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he was a great supervisor of everything and got a lot of attention (sometime whether he liked it or not).

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear, I know how you feel. It's hard to lose a great and loyal friend!

    v/r
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.