Miniatures For Sale

Friday, July 12, 2013

On Display: Vandella SDE Succubbus

Just a quick one this week. Had some minor flooding this Monday thanks to a powerful storm. 5 inches in just 30 minutes!!! The hobby room and other parts of the basement had to have carpet removed and the de-humidifier has been going for a few days.  I can't prove it, but I swear The Lady Inquisitor is responsible somehow - she always wanted tile down there... Anyway, lets have a look at this cute mini!


 And some close up shots of various details...
 Throw her a few votes if you like HERE.

Next Post: Back to the Chaos Chosen and the Sleeping Chibi diorama! Don't worry the hobby will continue on. The only thing that changes is that now I really don't care if I spill paint on the hobby room floor o_O Thanks for stopping by, check the blog roll, please comment away and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain. When it rains, it pours!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome work, man - that turned out looking excellent! Sorry to hear about the flooding, that sucks - hope nothing was too badly damaged.

    Looking forward to seeing more of the Chosen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was one of those where you try new things and it just all comes together to surprise the crap out of yourself. The basement is fine just some wet carpet and warped door frames. I got off light compared to a few of my poor neighbors.

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic, I love how the little dark spots complement the purple skin.
    And good luck with the basement, hope the damage is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've seen those spots used on 40k daemonettes and figured they would work out well here. Just waiting to hear if insurance will cover the repairs. There's so little to do and I got extended water and fire so hopefully it will all work out.

      Delete
  3. Hola
    Que chulada,como mola
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She was super fun to paint. Those projects always seem to turn out the best ;)

      Delete
  4. You should have taken advantage and made a miniature water world for futuristic pirates down there!! Missed a trick ya did :P Is she having a chequered pattern down there? Love the piece, lots of nice colouring man, it even looks weirdly like you've put some shades into the display block, that's a strangely coloured block there! I always lose the mid-tone in my NMM so well done for keeping definition, yellow is indeed a b***h! Keep smiling all, hope you dry out soon ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thrilled with how she came out and yeah I may have used the same purple tones from her skin to stain the block ;)

      Delete
  5. Zab, damn that has to be one of the best painted models I've seen in almost a year! Get yourself an adult beverage of your choice. Beautiful paint job! Love the work on the eye.

    Perhaps Lady Inquisitor was behind the water. Hopefully your basement is in operating order soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a lot of fun to do and very liberating to just paint without a plan. Weird. I'll have to try doing that more :)

      Delete
    2. Zab, would it be ok if were to put you on 'tip of the hat' part of my blog?

      Delete
  6. A solid 8...very cool model, luv the base work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still really proud of her and she was just a for fun mini. Maybe that's the key, just let go and don't try so hard. It seems to come easier when I step outside my 40k comfort zone.

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.