Miniatures For Sale

Friday, August 30, 2013

On Display: Dark Vengeance Night Lords Chosen & Helbrute

 A group shot above. More pics below. Not great, but my usual photo area is still messed up while the basement is being restored. Enough babbling! More pictures...


Aspiring Champion:

 Chosen with Bolter (converted):
 Chosen with Power Axe:
 Chosen with Lightening Claws:
 Chosen with Bolter:
 Chosen with Power Fist:
Helbrute:
  That's it! Not bad for table top gaming pieces :) No progress to report on the Sleeping Chibi front except that I will not make the contest deadline. I will finish it though since I am having fun doing it. To be fair, I wasn't slacking that much. I did some "research" while on vacation last week with The Lady Inquisitor and The Agent of Chaos. I found this in Downtown Disney outside the Lego store:
Yes. Yes, that IS made out of Lego   o_O
Think I can pass it off as my own for the contest? No!? Hmmmm, we'll call that Plan B then  :P
Next Post: Playing with fire and basing material from the garden. Thanks for stopping by. Please leave comments, questions or critiques below and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain!

8 comments:

  1. Very cool. I especially like the rotting green colour you've used for the gribbley bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying to improve my skills with the drab, rotten colors. As some one who is strong at clean paint jobs I really struggle with making dirty, messy things look natural.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely freakin' AWESOME, man! Those turned out looking spectacular - love the lightning, and the little yellow eyes here and there are extra creepy. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I stuck with them. I Think once i am done the chibi diorama i will lay into the cultists!

      Delete
  3. Looking good mate. I have 2 sets of everything above on the back burner waiting to get some paint. And that last photo.. mmmm.. I think we might be able to make it work for you to get you into the contest still ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow 2 sets of chosen?! I almost died trying to paint all the detail on these kits. I actually feel like there may be too much packed onto these sculpts, but maybe it was just because I was so nerve wracking trying to paint around all the gribbly bits o_O

      Delete
  4. I have really enjoyed watching the progress on these chaps. Your attention to detail is awesome. Well done on getting them finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a grind, but I think it was worth it. There was a lot of detail to pay attention too ;)

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.