Miniatures For Sale

Friday, September 13, 2013

WIP: Sleeping Chibi Base Detailing.

So I finished texturing with Apoxie sculpt and rocks. Then, as you can see above I added some textured paint and carved out some flag stones. Let's see what else i did to make this base interesting...


I began to add those wood details that I showed you last post. Starting with the piece of wood that looked charred.
I also added some rocks, slate and sand. Next up was the roots and the rose viens to make some broken branches.
 Here's a wider look.
Now it was time to add some fire!!!
 I will add some more to the back of the cliff and a few other places, but I needed to stop here to let that stuff dry. It will all be a good source of OSL for the diorama ;)

Next post: More fire, a look at the tools used to make said fire plus, some priming and airbrush pre-shading on the minis. Thanks for stopping by this week! Check out the blog roll 'cause I found more cool blogs. Feel free to hit me up with questions, comments or critiques below and remember; you can't spell paint with out a little pain.

4 comments:

  1. i love the fire!
    damn it does look good...

    i feel like i realy should post something on my blog now.. :/ damn You and Your inspirational posts! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I forgot how much fun groundworks can be to build.

      Delete
  2. This is looking awesome! you have left me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Its been nothing but fun to build and even though i missed the contest deadline for this dio I am going to complete it because it's been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.