Miniatures For Sale

Friday, January 31, 2014

On Display: Sleeping Chibi

All done! Let us NEVER speak of dioramas or OSL again - until the next one o_O Taking nice photos of this one was a real pain. For the wide shots I had to under expose them to make sure the orange OSL wasn't washed out. I think I added three layers of wax paper to the sides of my photo tent to diffuse the light enough to get there too. Then, when I went in for the close up details I had to add more light from different angles so everything would register, but not get washed out!!! It was a "challenge" and let's leave it at that -_- ONTO THE PRETTY PICTURES...


Wide shots first:
 Close ups next...

 C'MON links for voting if you like:
Wide Montage
Close Montage

And on P&P:
http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/3946

Next Post: I begin to paint all 20 DV cultists. Don't worry, I have a "secret weapon" to help me! Oh 40k, I missed you. Thanks for sticking with me while I put this beast down - leave me some comments, questions or critiques and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, love the colors of the ground, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They just didn't show up right in the WIP pics so I was really glad to capture all that hard work here.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely awesome - I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this whole thing come together, and it turned out fantastic! Excellent work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! it was a loooong haul. Totally worth it though :) I'm really excited about your orks. They are coming out great!

      Delete
  3. Good choice on the dark background. It brings out your OSL effects and made what I already thought was an excellent job even better. Well done! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The photos were the hardest part - I had to completely relearn my lighting and camera settings for such a large and subtle piece. It's like a hobby within the hobby o_O

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! I don't want to repeat myself, all the things I said last time apply - just want to add that the background and lighting of the photo session adds a great atmosphere to the piece. Really great work, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really thrilled with how it finally all came together. I learned way more on this piece than any other so far.

      Delete
  5. Awesome!! I love how this thing turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Zab! And the photography. Great job all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may reward myself by seeing the new Maleficent Movie. I shouldn't because it will be terrible, but the trailers are great (I still fall for that even though I do it for a living)!

      Delete
  7. Geez, I haven't even gotten around to seeing the second instalment of The Hobbit!

    On an unrelated note, I finally put some photos that my wife took of my minis up on Flickr. Check them out, let me know what you think.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/116231830@N03/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very nice. Also, yay blood ravens (or if the HH implications are correct: dirty rotten thousand sons cast offs!) The tanks and dread are very nice with that weathering. i don't know man... now that we've had a taste, you may have to start a blog or join a painting forum...o.O

      Delete
  8. Hey thanks. Figuring it took me this long to take some photos and make a Flickr gallery, any followers of any blog that I made would get seriously bored at my ridiculously slow progress.

    ReplyDelete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.