I did a second highlight and a first bit of shading to give them some depth with the colors below.
A shade to give them depth on the upper lip and in the recesses.
Then I moved onto the highlights on her lips with the following colors in very thin glazes.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the step by step on this little lady. It was the first project I did that sold for money (all proceeds went to charity) and the first project that scored an 8 on C'MON. This one really hammered home what many of the top painters have told me over the past year; Don't think, just paint. The timeline was tight for me, 3 weeks start to finish, 2-3 hrs a night and it was all over. It really freed me up to just move forward and try new things because it was for charity and any money raised was good. The lack of time meant a lack of over-thinking and everything I had learned in the past year just kind of took over in a very zen like state. Thanks also to the wonderful artists who helped me out on this in my WIP thread on C'MON!!!
Next post: Display pics of her. Don't forget to check out the blog roll ;) Hit me up with any questions, comments or critiques below and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain!