Miniatures For Sale

Friday, February 21, 2014

Dark Vengeance Cultists WIP: Final Details.

This'll be a short one as I'm a bit under the weather still. I finished up each of the heavy weapon to make me feel like I was getting somewhere. This one was beginning to drag a  bit for me...


Then it was final details and bases on the cultists themselves...
 And the shooty guys.
 What really sucked is what happened when I sprayed them. But I'll show you the "finished" products next time and cry like a baby then. For now I was able to get my hands on one of Roman's minis from Massive Voodoo...
This pic doesn't do it justice, but I loved everything about this mini from the hobby problem and creative solution behind it to the little bit of fluff he wrote for the scene. So when I saw it was on sale I bought it without much of a pause! Nothing like holding one of his pieces in your hand and saying "Oh my God, THAT'S how he did that"

Next Post: Display pics of the Cultists. Check out that blogroll, hit me with questions & comments and remember: you can't spell paint without a little pain ;)

18 comments:

  1. Great paint Zab , well done !
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cultists look so cool - I love you added the tracer round to the stubber - thats such a cool idea that would take no extra time at all - awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like to think the tracer rounds are useless once the weapon is off it's pintle or pod and really at that point it's more of a spray n' pray weapon ;)

      Delete
  3. Those look fantastic! Absolutely brilliant work, man - love the depth and character you've brought to the models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were a bunch of fun to do. Need more power armour though O_O

      Delete
  4. Wow ... the amount of patient detail work on the guns is inspiring. ^_^ On my previous work with my cultists I spent so much time on the skin, faces and clothes but for the metals I just did a quick basecoat and wash ... duh self facepalm ... must take after your example and take more time painting the weapons. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learned from one of the best on C'MON. Lots and lots and lots of interesting glazes in between highlights and shades.

      Delete
  5. The gun and flamer are fantastic, can't wait to see the display photos with them glued in. The tracer rounds are a nice touch - I haven't seen anybody paint them before, this kind of detail adds a lot of flavor to the whole piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Well i had my ruby and red washes out and it only took a few seconds to tint them so i figured why not?

      Delete
  6. Very nice work n the cultists.. how much time do you reckon you have put into them?

    And welcome to the Roman's collector group :) Nice one to pick up! Keep it around the desk for inspiration indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In total I think the time was about 8-10hrs. I just sat down and worked for a few an evening over the space of a week. I swear there is nothing like looking at his work in person. It goes for any top painted mini really, pictures are nice, but there is some much the camera just deosn't translate :)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic work Sir!! As always reminding me that I could of been painting more this last week. That Cron model is amazing too! I love that it just screams back story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not officially done the chaos side of my DV set. So by the time I'm done the marines 8th ed should be just around the corner o_O

      Delete
  8. Nice work Zab, love the work on the bullets. great score on Roman's work I git to see Meg Maples work last weeked during my master class I was amazing. . . so much to get better at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you need to do a post spilling the beans on what you learned from Meg. I'd like to hear what most surprised you.

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.