Miniatures For Sale

Thursday, March 13, 2014

On Display: Dark Vengeance Shooty Cultists

After watching The Agent Of Chaos & The Lady Inquisitor suffer through the stomach flu for five days it was finally my turn on Wednesday. Forgive my brevity here as I am still somewhat gun shy of diarrhea - even if it is only the verbal kind ;)  Pictures then? Yes...


There was a ton of small conversion work on the duplicate sculpts  so I tried to pair them together, but I messed up on a few since the conversions made some seem fairly close. Bah! You get the idea :)
 I really liked the limited palette and will push that even further on Project Alice I think!

Next Post: Display pics of the stabby cultists. I am also editing the video tutorial on using Secret Weapon washes to paint a mini to a nice table top level in under 1 hour as well as working on another diorama - wait, no. I swore off those... oooh! I know, a vignette! Inspired by the audio drama Helion Rain. On top of that I will be listening to Eye Of Vengeance again for inspiration on another project for this coming spring/ summer. Thanks for dropping by, hit me with any questions, comments or critiques and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :P

11 comments:

  1. Good job as always Zab :)
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.
    There's not a lot you can do to the Cultist figs without a LOT of fiddly work, and then...is it really worth it?
    They are cool lil' models, but there's not enough variety to put a bunch on the board without having multiple repeats. Iz annoying.
    Gotta hack 'em up a bit, and do a lil' greenstuff work just to make them interesting, I think.
    Two Tentacles Way Up.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so happy with that set until I saw all the duplicates and then my rage drove my common sense away in a haze of converting. Wait until you see all the GS work I did on the marines and termies...

      Delete
  3. Love 'em! With I'd taken the time to do some head swaps and whatnot with mine, after seeing yours they just seem so same-y!

    Keep up the great work, man, sorry to hear about the plague rolling through Casa Zab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, it was actually pretty quick and they convert up nicely. It was an Alpha Legion type flu that lulled us into a false sense of security and struck a new member ever 48 hrs. 1 full week of misery...and laundry. At least it's over now...or is it? ...

      Delete
  4. Nice work Zab, they came up good with all the experimental paint work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Painting a whole mini with the washes was really fun too and surprisingly fast. I'm almost done the video...

      Delete
  5. Ew that's a very nasty looking cultist. Please Emperor, send some space marines to purge him. The guy on the right should make better friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's very well painted. I just abhor the mutant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, I felt dirty just working on the scum :P

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.