Miniatures For Sale

Friday, May 30, 2014

Inspiration & upcoming projects

We all like to blue sky ideas for minis and such. It's a huge part of our hobby - the creative part. Thought I would share the beginnings of a few future projects with you. Above you can see the start of such a project inspired by the audio drama Helion Rain and a box of scouts I got from a guy named HotPanda. Let's see how this develops (or snowballs out of control)...


While listening to the audio drama I make notes. What does it all look like, who is carrying what, etc.
Then I gather my models...
And my terrain...
Find a suitable base for the diorama- um, vignette. Because I don't make dioramas any more after the whole Sleeping Chibi debacle ;)
Of course while the terrain and bits box is out I start to see other things that remind me of other stories that I would like to put into mini form. Like the short story I recently read about some Crimson Fists who are still purging their home world  three years after the Ork invasion. Four marines and a scout to be precise. I think it was called Culling The Horde.
I'll be referencing the audio books below while I work on my dio- vignette as well as the scouts for NOVA. Good reads, or listens - whatever.
These are just a few ideas that I have used, where do you find your inspiration?

***NOVA UPDATE***
So apparently the devil is in the details. So is insanity o_O Here is some progress...
The wire and the colors used.
 The wreath and the colors used.
The gem and the colors used.
 Purity Seals and the colors used.
 The Lenses and the colors used.
 Grenades, ropes and the Stealer skull with their respective colors.
  Onto the decals and insignia next ;)
***NOVA UPDATE***
Next post: A new project and more NOVA updates. Thanks for stopping in and reading along. Check out the blog roll, hit me in the comments and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

13 comments:

  1. Where do I get my inspiration? Hmmmm .... these voices in my head ... am I a protege of Prof Xavier ... do I have Cerebro on my head ... or maybe I am just watching the latest X-Men movie too many times ... twice at last count. ;) In all seriousness, nice post. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord, that's looking awesome! Great work, man - really looking forward to seeing how the diorama, er, vignette turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, always fun to pull out the bits box and see what kind of cool things you can do.with 'em ;)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see more of this dio-vignette ;) And I suddenly felt un urge to buy the Helion Rain :P Best inspiration always comes from books for me, fortunately not from the inside of my head, not sure if that would result in anything worth showing off :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know. If you can find a set of minis and build a base to show something from your head that would be pretty unique :)

      Delete
  4. Yo dawgz...where's the NMM effects?
    :P
    Seriously. Yer da werst.
    And I mean that in the best of all possible ways.
    Hate you.
    *Xenos hugz!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. And fer the love of gawd, man- just give in and admit you'll still be playing 40k.
    It's pretty clear yer hooked on da fluff like I am anyhow.
    I have Adam Dembski-Bowden's 'Red Nails' audio thingy on my compooter.
    Waiting until I start building the Super Heavy to listen to it.
    Angron rawks.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I just stopped playing. I never stopped loving 40k! Don't tell GW though ;)

      Delete
  6. Great stuff as always ZAB. Im sure you might already have gotten this but I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for an Liebster Award! http://diceandbrush.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I actually did a Liebster award post last week. Adam from Adam's Mini Log beat ya to it ;)

      http://almostperftec.blogspot.ca/2014/05/on-display-speed-painted-dwarf-liebster.html

      Delete
    2. Oh dammit how did I miss that :P Oh well congratz to two nominations then ;)

      Delete
    3. I know! When i was looking to nominate others i kept doing that same thing. Oh maybe them...dammit! Okay how about them...dammit. My train of though quickly turned from "Oh what an honor" to "God damn chain letters...grumble... grumble... :P

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.