More work on the scouts, nothing major. Just gold, leather, black and metal...
I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Thanks goes to Adam over at Adam's Minilog.
11 Truths about me:
1) My real name is Neil Szabo
2) The Lady Inquisitor isn't the uncompromising figure of menace I make her out to be. She's actually very supportive of and enamored by this hobby.
3) I love Games Workshop and likely always will.
4) I work in TV, but watch very little. Go figure.
5) My celebrity doppelganger is a Backstreet Boy -_-
6) I'm a not so secret Brony.
7) Kids Disney movies tend to leave me in tears.
8) I may have mommy issues. My mom was a dermatologist and I'm covered head to toe in tattoos. I'm fine, really.
9) I love to bake and I'm REALLY good at it.
10) I'm evil. I am currently baking for the folks at work twice a week for the next 10 weeks - why? Because they are having a weight loss challenge for the next ten weeks.
11) I won't be lonely in hell, because I heard you chuckle at number 10 there :P
11 Blogs I want to nominate (in no particular order other than alphabetical):
Bill's Raving Rant
Chapel of Angels
Da Ork Mek Shop
How to Lose at 40k*'**/WIP'R'Us
In The Grim Cheapness of the Future...
The Prodigal Player
11 Questions I am asking of those I nominated:
1) Horus or The Emperor?
2) Would you hobby for a living if you could, why or why not?
3) What drew you to blogging about the hobby?
4) Do you have the urge to try another scale, if so what?
5) What other creative outlets do you have?
6) What do you listen to while playing/ painting?
7) If you couldn't continue with this hobby for whatever reason what would you like to do instead?
8) Are your snacks healthy or junk when you paint/play?
9) What color do you fear painting the most?
10) Ever have a hulk smash moment with a model and were you able to stop or is it in peices?
11) The model I most want to paint when I get good enough is...
11 Answers to my questions from Adam:
1. What and how long ago got you into the hobby?
The first edition of Space Hulk more than 20 years ago. I love the new one too.
2. Fantasy, history or sci-fi?
All three! Sci-fi first, fantasy second (it's my new fav) and Historical last - I really want to try my hand at some flats too.
3. What do you think is your best work and why?
Sleeping Chibi. It forced me WAY out of my comfort zone, took the fear out of the unknown and my painting grew in leaps and bounds.
4. What is your greatest hobby ambition?
To paint all my minis before I die.
5. Are you more of a analytic and organized or totally chaotic painter?
I am an A-type personality. Chaos just slows me down.
6. Which movie/book/comic book/video game franchise would you like to see made into miniature line the most? (or re-done)
Kick Buttowski, suburban daredevil!
7. Which is more important to you: painting or gaming? Which takes up more time?
Painting. I am a terrible general.
8. If you could spend a day with a totally fictional character who would it be and why?
John Grammaticus, he knows things - things I
want need to know...
9. Do you have a favorite miniature manufacturer\line or prefer to try out different stuff?
Everything. Its the secret to getting better and I wish I had learned if way earlier: PAINT EVERYTHING!!!
10. Is fluff and back story an important factor for you when choosing minis, or is it all about the looks?
Background is super inspiring, but the odd cool mini or two has made it into my pending paint pile ;)
11. Lager or ale?
The only beer I drink is the root variety :P
Next post: Some inspiration, a little stroll through the 'ol bits box and some more upcoming 40k projects. Don't forget to check out the blog roll, hit me up in the comments and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)