Miniatures For Sale

Friday, August 01, 2014

On Display: NOCF Torias Telion & Ultramarines Scouts

The Eye Of Vengeance. Sounds cool, but he stole it from The Lady Inquisitor. That's the look I get when I say something dumb - What?! I don't get it that often! ~sigh~ Onto the pics...


Obligatory C'MON Voting link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/359840

And some group shots of the scouts. I'll feature closer shots with more angles over the next few weeks :)
Obligatory C'MON Voting link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/359841

Obligatory C'MON Voting link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/359842

These guys are all part of the Blood & Honor: The Defense of Macragge army up for raffle at the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation! Why not buy a raffle ticket or two and support a great cause? AND you don't even have to live in the USA to win them! You can purchase your raffle tickets online and when you win they will ship the army to you ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!!

Next Post: Close ups of the CC armed Scouts. Thanks for the clicks, hit me up with comments and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain!

12 comments:

  1. Telion looks suitably grizzled, and the scouts came out perfect.
    Two tentacles way up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! That's high praise from a dirty chaos loving exnos like you ;) Any luck getting hobby time in or are you still getting owned by the job and crazy lady chores?

      Delete
  2. That unit is unbelievable! Absolutely stellar work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For some reason i do my best work for others and charities. I think maybe i should start a charity aimed at me getting my minis painted well for me. Just need a good name for it that doesn't sound self serving...

      Delete
  3. I love the job you did with the face ... very very impressive. And while I have thought it, I realised that I have never said it ... you painting of the gems is very very realistic. That's something I am still working on ... the gems I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with is face too. The gems were actually pretty simple: black, dark green, medium green, light green and then a dot of white at the top with the black - and a few coats of gloss at the end really helps push them over the top ;)

      Delete
  4. They all look great, but beardy definitely stole the show, that look ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He did get quite bit more attention than the rest being a named character and all.

      Delete
  5. Eye of Vengeance indeed. I'm impressed by how well his actual (biological) eye turned out. Also digging the different skin tones and hair colours across the unit - tough to do while batch painting. Good work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The hell of it was that in this one case, FINECAST ACTUALLY HELPED?! Seriously, the sculpt on the face was so clean that i could actually see his eyeball and eyelids so he didn't get that cracked out "I'm on speed and coffee and I haven't slept for days!" look 0_0

      Delete
  6. He's amazing, especially the camo and writing on the cape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! The text on the cape is from the FW Ultramarines decal sheet.

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.