Miniatures For Sale

Friday, October 10, 2014

WIP: Airbrushing Various Display Bases

With the building process well behind me and a few quick confidence building paint jobs under my belt to warm up it was time to get busy painting...

I started with the RT era marines and their base...
 Then I moved onto the Dwarves who needed their original shades put back in and sorted out their bases too...
 And last I finished up the giant squig and his base. I may have used a color or two on that one :P
So here they sit all ready for their brush work to begin. First up is the giant squig and base. I bet this all seems really fast. Well, it took a solid week of airbrushing every night and then a whole Sunday afternoon for the giant squig base. I learned quite  bit about my Badger Patriot vs my Badger Velocity.  It was faster than using a regular brush, but still quite bit of work.

Next Post: Shading that giant base and a few small decals. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone! Gobble, Gobble! Hit me up in the comments and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

2 comments:

  1. Your bases are all coming together nicely ... looks like a lot of work have been put into them. Also an eye opener in that so many colours are going into just the bases. Most of mine are done in just three colours ... sad I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you don't need to use a lot of colors on your bases and a limited pallet can be much more challenging. but I just wanted to play with my airbrushes a bit and preshading with bright contrasting colors can have interesting results on the following colors.

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.