Miniatures For Sale

Friday, December 19, 2014

Future Projects

After the debacle with Vampirella's skin (which I may or may not still be bitter about) I needed a break. So let's look at a few future projects and purchases I have made to calm my jangled nerves. Above you can see what will eventually be my take on Veteran Sergeant Pausanius from the Ultramarines novels. Let's see what other crazy things I have in mind...


A while ago Muninn did up his take on Plasma Marine based on this de-motivational poster:
I was inspired to create my own since I love the First Legion who are, of course, the most plasma-y of all the space marines...
Now we need some scorching and just a few flames here and there where his bathrobe caught fire...
 Totally worth it indeed :)

While working on that a few minis arrived thanks to my "Ooh shiny!" syndrome...
 A huge flapper girl bust from Morland Studios...
 A 54mm anime mechanic girl...
A bunch of really great, hard to find minis from Crossover Miniatures who have a really great self starter campaign going right now!
 And this little lady from a fellow C'MON artist who is a really great sculptor...
Retail therapy and a little painting break and I'm ready to get back to Vampirella :)

Next Post: Shades and glazes for the Vampire Queen. Check out the links above, hit me in the comments and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain!

15 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the plasma marine idea, and those Crossover minis look sweet - definitely looking forward to seeing them come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So many minis, so little time :(

      Delete
  2. I like the banner! I can't wait to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that'll be fun with some black and brown pigments :)

      Delete
  3. By the way, Zab, what primer do you use and at what pressure do you spray it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 99% of the time it's Vallejo black primer or black mixed with white to get a grey. I blast that stuff on at around 30 psi, but since it's self leveling it can be put on with a brush too. Wear a mask when spraying, even though it's acrylic its still a poly urethane and you don't want to breathe it in :) It only tastes marginally better when licking your brush o_O

      Delete
  4. Happy holidays Zab! Looking forward to all these paintups! That last Cmon figure looks especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah and the sculptor just finished a pirate lady that i will be picking up once it hits his store :)

      Delete
  5. Looking exciting Zab, Merry christmas, just got the kids down yaya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! At least yours sleep mine got me a wonderful flu this year o_O

      Delete
  6. There are certainly some very interesting stuff you have in the pipeline and I'm looking forward to seeing them painted up. As for feelings of bitterness relating to Vampirella ... let it go, let it go ... that's what watching a karaoke version of Frozen has done to me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel your pain on the Frozen thing. Somebody got the singing snow glow Elsa doll for Christmas -_-

      Delete
  7. Love the beakie-with-robes conversion! Any progress on that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Sorry he's been relegated to the "later" pile for now. Maybe, after I'm done with the NOFC minis or if i need a break and a quick fun project :)

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.