Miniatures For Sale

Friday, January 30, 2015

WIP: Rackham Dwarves Highlights

Let's blow right through these guys and keep up that SBS momentum! Skin colors above were used for highlights on each dwarve. Pics after the jump...



Next up was the leather with the following colors...
 I think it was the beards next with the colors below...
 Then the wood on the barrels...
 I believe that the lenses were next...
***BTW, you are seeing a lot of VMC Ivory because that is great for bright highlight and it never gets chalky no matter how much you thin or mix it! I highly recommend it.***

 And finally the metal and gold were highlighted using the colors here. Each gold was mixed with the silver for a very bright edge highlight on each hammer and the silver was used for, um silver o_O
 How about we stop here? One last post on the dwarves and then onto their bases!

Next Post: OSL, glazes, reflections and pigments! Leave me any questions, comments or critiques below and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

9 comments:

  1. Picking up some of that ivovy! Thanks for the recommendation! I just LOVE the lenses. I actually said "omg" when i clicked on this post :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah VMC ivory is the bees knees!

      Delete
  2. Aw. He is so cute!
    :)

    Fer the love of gawd, man. Yer output is really starting to make the rest of the world look lazy. You need to be stopped. Don't make me send DC over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I;m just really into these guys. I didn't think they would fly by, but in contrast to Vampirella pretty much everything i did on these guys came out amazing. They were such a blast! Wait until you see their bases XD

      Delete
  3. There was a lot of good stuff going on above but two things, more than the others, caught my eye - superb work on the beards and wooden barrel. Really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have to do well with the beards and barrels of dwarves. I think it's a rule o_O

      Delete
    2. LoL, and here I thought it was just their gold. :)

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.