Miniatures For Sale

Friday, February 05, 2016

WIP: Steampunk Leia - Color Sketching (and more art and such)

Her shirt won't actually be purple, but it will have a purple under tone :)


The colors of the shirt so far.
Next was to sketch in her hair...
And then all that leather ;)
And last was to basecoat the metals...
And now for some art and distractions!

Remember that beakie sketch? I colored it and sent it back to the artist as a surprise :) Now it's a collaboration!
And while I was water coloring stuff I made one for The Agent of Chaos because she liked this one.
The Agent of Chaos and her stuffed dragon :P
Also The Lady Inquisitor and I are working on that art project I mentioned a while back... We did a few tests and then it will be onto the large one that will sit above our bed. Are we painting a calm forest? A romantic sunset? Or a peaceful seashore? No. It's a funky abstract classic NES controller!
Yep, we're nerds.

One last thing. I started a WIP thread on CMON for some fun. Being all painterly many of us forget to have fun so I started a WIP thread were a bunch of us" super talented super serious artists" are painting figures... with our wrong hands! I think it's going to be hilarious and fun so feel free to join in if you like. You're Doing It Wrong... Handed WIP Thread.
I am using a space marine because it should be easy even with my wrong hand since I've painted so many, right?
I primed him with the AB using my wrong hand. Turns out I have very clumsy fine motor control and I may have eaten some paint already. Off to a great start!

*** Speaking of busts... Another seminar has been announced here in Toronto with Fernando Ruiz!  So if you missed the last one: Sign up now!***

Next post: I finish up this Beakie and you will be shocked by the result! Thanks for visiting, and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

5 comments:

  1. This Leia project really has me intrigued now. And as for painting with a hammer ... ouch ... reds from marines and greens from orks then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't looked back in awhile...now I'm sad I haven't! Wow. I love the skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are gonna be even busier with all those damned orks for NOVA ;)

      Delete
    2. Ya since I have to follow an actual guide and not be lazy! (but I'm only doing two things so shouldn't be so bad)

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.