Miniatures For Sale

Friday, May 20, 2016

WIP: NOVA Open Minis - More Preshading Fun

I went a bit heavy with the grey. There's a learning curve :)


The female wolf came out nice. Though I will take her fur lighter.
Nekima was fun. I wasn't planning on making her flesh red, but I figured it would be fun to flip the usual paint scheme of pale flesh and red clothing :)
And thanks to the glossiness of the transparent paints I was able to jump right into the decaling of the Ironstrider.
 Another short post ;)

Next Post: Back to bristles as work begins in earnest on the Ironstrider. Thanks fro dropping in, leave questions, comments and critiques below, and remember; You can't spell paint without a little pain :)

7 comments:

  1. Sweeeeet! Really digging how those are coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive number of simultaneous projects :-) still learning the pre-shading technique myself, so it will be interesting to see where you go with all those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. These hi-flow transparents are a great way to learn on the easy setting. I am curious to see too. I have a rough idea, but its blurry right now ;)

      Delete
  3. There are coming along nicely. Only us mini painters know how much work goes into a fully completed mini. Most casual observers just look and say that's looks simple enough. Duh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the trick though. Make it look good and it looks easy too!

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.