Miniatures For Sale

Friday, July 22, 2016

WIP: Malifaux - Nekima

If you'll recall we left off with the little lady in the state above. Crap she is so tiny! Crap crap crap crap...


So I am using a limited palette on here and will blow up the contrast since she is so small.
Seriously, why is she so small?!
I started on the leather, because all self respecting sexy demon ladies wear matching leather bras thongs and leggings. Duh!
Then it was time for some bone. Colors! I know where you are going with that train of thought - straight to hell to meet her -_-
And we'll leave off with the highlights on her horns and hooves.
There will be washes and inks and more contrast later, but it was a real challenge to get this far on such a small mini with no mistakes!!! Yet...

Next post: Her hair, skin and metal areas.

Thanks for squinting along with me, let me have it in the comments and remember; you can't spell paint without a little pain :)

8 comments:

  1. It's funny, because she is actually very big for a malifaux female. I just painted a crew of showgirls and their limbs and features are very petite. I've heard the gremlins are even smaller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blarg! I guess small isn't the right word, more like petite, kinda like Harley Quinn was. It's a blade that cuts both ways, not a lot of area to paint, but the level of detail and petite nature mean i need to slow down and focus quite a bit more than normal :)

      Delete
  2. Good start to a cool model :) I like Malifaux stuff a lot but failed at trying to paint them so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty as all hell, but very intimidating for sure.

      Delete
  3. Nice WIP so far! :) I've been thinking of getting one or two Malifaux minis to paint up. Are they well built with good details? How small are they? Ax Faction/Kingdom Death small or GW small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think Ax faction/KD/ raging heroes. not so much small but more like delicate or petite :) They are well thought out, but do need some prepwork. This little lady needed some liquid GS work. it was minor but fiddly given her small nature and crisp details. Still very worth it!

      Delete
  4. I actually gave up on maulifaux. Some of those models make grots look gigantic, and I have to wear magnifying lenses to work on grots! My big ape fingers just want to smash tiny models!

    Summary: Intensely impressed when you paint tiny models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah she makes me feel like I have hams for digits o_O

      Delete

By all means have your say, but please keep it civil.